Aero--- with a dot!

It was not the typical throwback Thursday kind of day as I meet up with Aero and had a little "in between driving and answering" Q&A session.



Born Albert Peñafuerte, Aero started in 2007 for The Community. At that time, he wasn't very serious about rappin' thus his presence were almost on and off the scene. However, in his college days, Aero had his own Hiphop radio show in Bacolod City, where he hails from.

Heres what we talked about in between traffic's red lights and green:

Me: So was it always Aero? Or did you have some other names?

Aero: I was into graffiti before becoming an MC and my name was NME. If you read the sides of spray paint, you'll see the word "aerosol". I liked it, and changed the spelling to Aerosoul. Eventually, the name was shortened to Aero. Theeeeen, when I started printing t-shirts with "aero." in front, the homies would make fun of me saying "aeroWithADot" --- which is what I go by now.

Me: That's pretty interesting! (Now, you know Aero dis graffiti too!) So where can we find you these days? Bacolod or Manila?

Aero: Both --- I spend half the year taking turns between both places. Bacolod is my home, but being comfortable won't help my musick. I love Hip-Hop as a culture so much, I make sacrifices even if it's being far away from family.


Me: Talk about sacrifices, huh, I feel you on that one! 😂

Aero: Yeah, I do it because I love doin' it! Even for low pay or no pay!

Me: There are only a few of your kind. 😁 Next, since you are from Bacolod, do you speak Hiligaynon/Ilonggo?

Aero: I can speak Ilonggo --- only when I'm drunk! But really, I can understand Ilonggo, Bisaya and Tagalog and I guess you can say I speak in conversations with English in between.

(Me secretly thinking that could have been a sign of relief if this Q&A were done in local dialect! hAhaha 😂😂)

Me: Okaaay. Hahaha English tayo. Do you have any movement at the moment or will be happening anytime soon? 


Aero: 3rd World Entertainment recently started "BOOM!". It means Bacolod Only Original Musick!, and we encourage the local music scene to create their own sound. We hope to have a year-end show open to all genres as usual. 

And Drinking Man's Hip-Hop, a duo collaboration with CHRiZO, will release "The Year Of The Drunken Monkey" on New Year's Day!




Me: We'll be a keeping a close watch on that! Last question, any chance you'd be reviving the Hiphop radio program you've had before?

Aero: If I had another chance, I'd love to bring back "PhatSat", but this time around, it would be syndicated worldwide. It would have the old and the new, OPM and international and special guests. And since we're throwing it out there already, sponsors --- several sponsors.

Me: I'd personally wait for that to be reestablished. Anyway, all the best Aero, thank you for doing this with us!

Aero: Thank you very much! See you soon, Iloilo! Peace, love and chicken inasal grease!

Insider Tip: Aero told me he and Klumcee knew each other back in 2007 when he first flew to Manila. He and his homies dropped by the then Mobbstarr Crib where he kicked a fresstyle. Aero has and is still affiliated with 6000 GOONZ!

Catch Aero. and many more at The Trap Soirèe, Shanti Dope x Klumcee, on December 8, 2017 at 8:00pm at the CAP Auditorium, Gen. Luna St. Iloilo City. Tickets are sold at P150 w/ FREE 1 beer.



Comments

Popular Posts